Bahrain committed to developing agriculture to achieve food security
TDT | Manama
The Daily Tribune – www.newsofbahrain.com
The Bahrain Cabinet reiterated the government’s commitment to developing agricultural, livestock, and mariculture sectors through plans and initiatives aimed at bolstering food security.
This follows the Cabinet’s review of a report submitted by the Minister of Municipalities Affairs and Agriculture, noting the organisational efforts made by the Ministry and the relevant government agencies, which contributed to the success of the event.
The Deputy Prime Minister, HE Shaikh Khalid bin Abdulla Al Khalifa, yesterday chaired the weekly Cabinet meeting held at Gudaibiya Palace. The Cabinet commended the opening of the sixth edition of the Bahrain Animal Production Show (Mara’ee 2023), held under the patronage of His Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa.
The Cabinet congratulated Her Royal Highness Princess Sabeeka bint Ibrahim Al Khalifa, Wife of HM the King and President of the Supreme Council for Women (SCW), on Bahraini Women’s Day. It commended the efforts of the SWC in empowering Bahraini women and highlighted Bahraini women’s achievements across various fields.
The Cabinet congratulated the president, government and people of the UAE on their 52nd Union Day. It noted the UAE’s ongoing development, led by the President, HH Shaikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, with the support of Vice President and Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, HH Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, and Vice President, Deputy Prime Minister, and Minister of the Presidential Court of the UAE, His Highness Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, wishing them further growth and prosperity.
The Cabinet affirmed the importance of the 28th United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (COP28), which will be hosted by the UAE. It wished the UAE success in hosting this global event.
In this regard, the Cabinet approved a memorandum submitted by the Ministerial Committee for Legal and Legislative Affairs on documents related to the COP28. The Cabinet also discussed and approved several important memorandums during the meeting.
The Cabinet discussed several memorandums during the meeting, approving the following:
1. A memorandum submitted by the Ministerial Committee for Financial and Economic Affairs and Fiscal Balance on updating the performance indicators of the 2022-2026 Industrial Sector Strategy, which falls under the priority of developing promising sectors within the Kingdom’s Economic Recovery Plan and strengthen them with initiatives that achieve environmental security.
2. A memorandum submitted by the Ministerial Committee for Legal and Legislative Affairs on a draft decree naming the relevant Minister and Ministry responsible for implementing the decree-law on regulating fishing, exploitation, and protection of marine wealth.
3. A memorandum submitted by the Ministerial Committee for Legal and Legislative Affairs on a draft decision regarding the establishment of functional requirements and controls for urban heritage.
4. A memorandum submitted by the Ministry of Municipalities Affairs and Agriculture regarding a draft re-issuing a decision on classifications in regulatory requirements for modern construction.
5. A memorandum submitted by the Ministerial Committee for Legal and Legislative Affairs on the government’s response to 3 proposals submitted by the Council of Representatives.
The Cabinet reviewed a memorandum submitted by the Ministerial Committee for Financial and Economic Affairs and Fiscal Balance on the economic outcomes of the recent events hosted by Exhibition World Bahrain, during the month of November.
The Cabinet expressed its gratitude to all parties who have helped organise these events. In addition, the Cabinet noted the following ministerial reports:
1. Outcomes of the Kingdom’s participation in the 11th session of UAE-Bahrain Joint Higher Committee.
2. Outcomes of the Kingdom’s participation in the First meeting of the Bahraini-Egyptian Governmental Committee for Trade, Economic, Scientific and Technological Cooperation.
3. Outcomes of the Kingdom’s participation in The 5th Islamic Conference of Labour Ministers.
4. The Kingdom’s participation in the Dubai Airshow 2023.
5. Outcomes of the Kingdom’s participation in the 25th Meeting of Committee of Undersecretaries of Ministries of Transport in the GCC.
6. The Kingdom’s participation in 2023 World Radiocommunication Conference.
7. The Kingdom’s participation in the 17th meeting of the executive office of the Arab Water Conference, 15th session of the Arab Ministerial Water Council and the fifth Arab Water Confrence.
8. Outcomes of the Kingdom’s participation in the Shenzhen Global Innovation and Entrepreneurship Conference 2023.
9. The external participations of various ministers and visits of foreign delegations to the Kingdom of f Bahrain in December 2023.