- Bahrain Foreign Exchange Rates
- GCC Gold Rates
- Seoul rejects Trump demand it pays for missile system
- Bahrain-US ties reviewed
- Two alleged jihadists admit being at Brussels airport during attack
- Bahrain Indian School investiture ceremony
- Mourinho sets sights on Liverpool and Arsenal
- Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan taking TED to India TV
- British inventor takes flight in 'Iron Man' suit
- New TV show mocking Trump enters crowded satire market
Several flights diverted due to harsh weather
By: dt news , Posted on 20-Mar-2017
Manama : Due to harsh weather conditions and severe thunderstorms in the Kingdom many flights were delayed and diverted at the Bahrain International Airport last night. Bahrain’s principal flag carrier Gulf Air announced that it diverted some flights that were bound for Bahrain International Airport to Hamad International Airport in Doha.
Gulf Air said it apologised to the affected passengers and was working to manage its flight schedule while weather conditions persist.
Qatar Airways and FlyDubai abandoned some services to Bahrain yesterday due to severe weather conditions. Bahrain had witnessed unstable weather conditions on Saturday with strong winds, thunder and lightning which wreaked havoc in some places.
The wall of Malkiya Club collapsed due to strong winds last night. In another incident a tree was uprooted across a road in Adliya due to strong winds causing traffic block. Inclement weather also caused traffic accidents involving a car and a truck on the bridge of Hidd.
According to the Meteorological Directorate at the Ministry of Transportation and Telecommunications there will be scattered showers and thunder storms today (Monday).
The weather is expected to be dusty, becoming partly cloudy later. Northwesterly winds will range from 17 to 22 knots, with gusts of up to 35 knots at the beginning.
Maximum temperature will be 26 degrees Celsius and minimum 18 degrees Celsius today.