*** Businessman Accused of Falsifying Records of 23 People | THE DAILY TRIBUNE | KINGDOM OF BAHRAIN

Businessman Accused of Falsifying Records of 23 People

TDT | Manama

Email: mail@newsofbahrain.com

The High Criminal Court First Circuit has adjourned the trial of a 53-year-old businessman accused of falsifying official electronic records involving 23 people in two separate cases.

The Public Prosecution alleges that the defendant entered false phone numbers and residential addresses into Ministry of Justice electronic systems while pursuing financial claims against the individuals.

According to court records, he allegedly entered the same phone number, which belonged to him, as the contact number for the people involved. As a result, legal notices and court notifications were reportedly sent to his number, preventing the affected individuals from learning about the proceedings and defending themselves.

A Ministry of Justice official testified that the defendant used his eGovernment electronic key to enter the information into the ministry's systems. The cases involved 14 people in one case and nine in the other.

More than 14 witnesses told the court that they had no connection to the phone number recorded in the lawsuits. Some said they only learned of the cases after judgments had been issued against them and their bank accounts frozen.

The defendant denied the charges. His lawyer requested his release, but the court ordered that he remain in custody.

The court adjourned the cases until August 24, 2026, for review and responses.