Bahrain export BD283 million worth local products in May | THE DAILY TRIBUNE | KINGDOM OF BAHRAIN

Bahrain export BD283 million worth local products in May

TDT | Manama

The Daily Tribune – www.newsofbahrain.com

Bahrain’s value of exports of national origin has increased by 60% to reach BD283 million during May 2021, up from BD176 million for the same month of the previous year. The value of imports increased by 6%, reaching BD402 billion during May 2021 compared with BD378 million for the same month of the previous year.

This was according to the Information and eGovernment Authority (iGA) foreign trade report of May 2021, encompassing data on the balance of trade, imports, exports (national origin), and re-exports.

The trade balance, the difference between exports and imports, recorded a deficit totalling BD65 million during May of 2021 compared with BD162 million for the same month of the previous year, a decrease of 60%.

The top 10 countries in terms of the value of exports of national origin purchased from Bahrain accounted for 75% of the total value, with the remaining countries accounting for 25%.

Saudi Arabia ranked first among countries receiving Bahraini exports of national origin, importing BD52 million from Bahrain. The UAE was second with BD45 million and China third with BD20 million. Agglomerated iron ores and concentrates emerged as the top products exported during May 2021 with BD60 million, unwrought aluminium alloys was second with a value of BD48 million, and semi-finished iron and steel third with BD24 million.

According to the report, the top 10 countries accounted for 66% of the value of imports, with the remaining countries accounting for 34%.

Brazil ranked first with BD52 million, followed by China with BD46 million and Australia with a BD31million.

Non-agglomerated iron ores and concentrates was the top product imported into Bahrain with a total value of BD89 million, while aluminium oxide was second with BD28 million, and four-wheel drive cars third with BD13 million.

The total value of re-exports increased by 38% to reach BD55 million during May 2021, compared with BD40 million for the same month of the previous year.

The top 10 countries accounted for 89% of the re-exported value, while the remaining countries accounted for 11%.

The UAE ranked first with BD14 million, followed by Saudi Arabia with BD12 million, and Singapore with BD6 million.

Four-wheel drive cars were the top product re-exported from Bahrain with BD9 million, parts for plane engines were second with BD6 million, and gold ingots third with BD5 million.