- Bahrain Foreign Exchange Rates
- GCC Gold Rates
- Seoul rejects Trump demand it pays for missile system
- Bahrain-US ties reviewed
- Two alleged jihadists admit being at Brussels airport during attack
- Bahrain Indian School investiture ceremony
- Mourinho sets sights on Liverpool and Arsenal
- Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan taking TED to India TV
- British inventor takes flight in 'Iron Man' suit
- New TV show mocking Trump enters crowded satire market
29 arrested for violating Bahrain residency rules
By: dt news , Posted on 11-Jan-2017
Manama: The Nationality, Passport and Residence Affairs (NPRA) has announced the arrest of 29 Asians for violating residency rules and working as hawkers without licences. They were arrested through the Search and Follow-up Directorate in cooperation with the Labour Market Regulatory Authority and the Capital Governorate.
The Undersecretary of Ports, Search & Follow-up said on Tuesday that the campaign was part of the directives of the Interior Minister and follow up by the Interior Ministry Undersecretary for the NPRA to check the number of illegal workers and arrest violators of residency rules.
He said that legal action has been taken against the violators and those involved with them. He also appreciated the efforts which had contributed to the success of the campaign and said the directorate would continue to conduct similar campaigns against illegal workers