- Rocky start for Trump White House on Day One
- Australia take ODI series against Pakistan
- Bahrain Foreign Exchange Rates
- GCC Gold Rates
- Ants are expert navigators, even walking backwards
- Bahrain condemns terror attack on Parachinar market
- Wawrinka downs Seppi in three tight sets
- India win toss, bowl in third England ODI
- Bangladesh player arrested over photos of girlfriend
- MH370 families plead for search to continue at Australia meet
29 arrested for violating Bahrain residency rules
By: dt news , Posted on 11-Jan-2017
Manama: The Nationality, Passport and Residence Affairs (NPRA) has announced the arrest of 29 Asians for violating residency rules and working as hawkers without licences. They were arrested through the Search and Follow-up Directorate in cooperation with the Labour Market Regulatory Authority and the Capital Governorate.
The Undersecretary of Ports, Search & Follow-up said on Tuesday that the campaign was part of the directives of the Interior Minister and follow up by the Interior Ministry Undersecretary for the NPRA to check the number of illegal workers and arrest violators of residency rules.
He said that legal action has been taken against the violators and those involved with them. He also appreciated the efforts which had contributed to the success of the campaign and said the directorate would continue to conduct similar campaigns against illegal workers