- Philippine bus crash kills 13 students on camping trip, driver
- Norway Nobel Committee chairwoman dies aged 65
- iGA to research on foreign investments
- BD 2.3m net profit for SICO
- ‘Productive Families’ award on March 2
- New amenity kits by Gulf Air
- Early Bird offer to end in 10 days
- Indian expat dies in Bahrain
- Al Ansari wins Bowling Master title
- Bahrain to participate in Extreme Cycling Race
29 arrested for violating Bahrain residency rules
By: dt news , Posted on 11-Jan-2017
Manama: The Nationality, Passport and Residence Affairs (NPRA) has announced the arrest of 29 Asians for violating residency rules and working as hawkers without licences. They were arrested through the Search and Follow-up Directorate in cooperation with the Labour Market Regulatory Authority and the Capital Governorate.
The Undersecretary of Ports, Search & Follow-up said on Tuesday that the campaign was part of the directives of the Interior Minister and follow up by the Interior Ministry Undersecretary for the NPRA to check the number of illegal workers and arrest violators of residency rules.
He said that legal action has been taken against the violators and those involved with them. He also appreciated the efforts which had contributed to the success of the campaign and said the directorate would continue to conduct similar campaigns against illegal workers