Bahrain exports local products worth BD198 million | THE DAILY TRIBUNE | KINGDOM OF BAHRAIN

Bahrain exports local products worth BD198 million

TDT | Manama
The Daily Tribune - www.newsofbahrain.com
Bahrain's value of exports of national origin has increased by 29 percent to reach BD198 million in October, up from BD154 million in the same month last year.
The value of imports decreased by 14 percent, reaching BD365 million compared with BD425 million for the same month in 2019, the Information & eGovernment Authority (iGA) said in its foreign trade report of October 2020, encompassing data on the balance of trade, imports, exports (national origin), and re-exports.
The trade balance, difference between exports and imports, the value of the deficit of the trade balance was BD111 million in October 2020 whereas it was BD197 million for the same month last year, a decrease of 44 percent.
The top 10 countries in terms of the value of exports of national origin purchased from Bahrain accounted for 79 percent of the total value, with the remaining countries accounting for 21 percent.
Saudi Arabia ranked first among countries receiving Bahraini exports of national origin, importing BD47 million from Bahrain. Malaysia was second with BD20 million and Egypt third with BD19 million.
Unwrought aluminum (not alloyed) emerged as the top products exported during October 2020 with BD33 million, Agglomerated iron ores and concentrates alloyed was second with a value of BD29 million and Unwrought aluminum alloys third with BD 25 million.
According to the report, the top 10 countries accounted for 68 percent of the value of imports, with the remaining countries accounting for 32 percent.
China ranked first with BD52 million, followed by Saudi Arabia with BD29.2 million and the United States with BD28.9 million.
Aluminum oxide was the top product imported into Bahrain with a total value of BD29 million, while non-agglomerated iron ores and concentrates was second with BD22 million, and four-wheel drive cars third with BD18 million.
The total value of re-exports decreased by 24 percent to reach BD57 million in October 2020, compared with BD74  million for the same month in 2019.
The top 10 countries accounted for 84 percent of the re-exported value, while the remaining countries accounted for the 16 percent. The UAE ranked first with BD 16 million, followed by Saudi Arabia with BD15 million, and India with BD5 million.
Four-wheel drive cars were the top product re-exported from Bahrain with BD9 million, agglomerated iron ores and concentrates were second with BD5 million, and parts for airplanes third with BD4 million.