- Iran to appeal seizure of 9/11 compensation money
- Oil producers meet on output cuts, possible rollover
- One killed, 14 wounded in Ohio nightclub shooting
- Cities and monuments switch off for Earth Hour
- Blasts kill six as Bangladesh commandos storm Islamist hideout
- Top honour for Gulf Hotel
- Barbar clinch handball title
- Federer, Wawrinka advance in Miami
- Innovative fabrics bark up Tokyo fashion tree
- GPIC exceeds targets
Several flights diverted due to harsh weather
By: dt news , Posted on 20-Mar-2017
Manama : Due to harsh weather conditions and severe thunderstorms in the Kingdom many flights were delayed and diverted at the Bahrain International Airport last night. Bahrain’s principal flag carrier Gulf Air announced that it diverted some flights that were bound for Bahrain International Airport to Hamad International Airport in Doha.
Gulf Air said it apologised to the affected passengers and was working to manage its flight schedule while weather conditions persist.
Qatar Airways and FlyDubai abandoned some services to Bahrain yesterday due to severe weather conditions. Bahrain had witnessed unstable weather conditions on Saturday with strong winds, thunder and lightning which wreaked havoc in some places.
The wall of Malkiya Club collapsed due to strong winds last night. In another incident a tree was uprooted across a road in Adliya due to strong winds causing traffic block. Inclement weather also caused traffic accidents involving a car and a truck on the bridge of Hidd.
According to the Meteorological Directorate at the Ministry of Transportation and Telecommunications there will be scattered showers and thunder storms today (Monday).
The weather is expected to be dusty, becoming partly cloudy later. Northwesterly winds will range from 17 to 22 knots, with gusts of up to 35 knots at the beginning.
Maximum temperature will be 26 degrees Celsius and minimum 18 degrees Celsius today.