- Philippine bus crash kills 13 students on camping trip, driver
- Norway Nobel Committee chairwoman dies aged 65
- iGA to research on foreign investments
- BD 2.3m net profit for SICO
- ‘Productive Families’ award on March 2
- New amenity kits by Gulf Air
- Early Bird offer to end in 10 days
- Indian expat dies in Bahrain
- Al Ansari wins Bowling Master title
- Bahrain to participate in Extreme Cycling Race
Pricing Scandal: Ministry shuts down all five Ruyan stores in Bahrain
By: dt news , Posted on 11-Jan-2017
Manama: The Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Tourism has closed all the five Ruyan stores in Bahrain for 15 days after the pricing scandal.
Investigation has been launched. This is following a video circulating online showing the very known store in Bahrain apparently over charging their products and customers are overpaying.
The Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Tourism referred the owners to the public prosecution in light of this video which is circulated on social media.
The video shows the difference in price between shelf and cashier. The Ministry has interacted with the video and the consumer protection inspectors went to prove the incident and took legal actions.
The Consumer Protection Directorate confirmed that it will not tolerate in taking all legal and administrative measures to protect consumers, and appreciated consumers cooperation to report irregularities through contacting Consumer Protection Center on 17007003.