- Iran to appeal seizure of 9/11 compensation money
- Oil producers meet on output cuts, possible rollover
- One killed, 14 wounded in Ohio nightclub shooting
- Cities and monuments switch off for Earth Hour
- Blasts kill six as Bangladesh commandos storm Islamist hideout
- Top honour for Gulf Hotel
- Barbar clinch handball title
- Federer, Wawrinka advance in Miami
- Innovative fabrics bark up Tokyo fashion tree
- GPIC exceeds targets
Pricing Scandal: Ministry shuts down all five Ruyan stores in Bahrain
By: dt news , Posted on 11-Jan-2017
Manama: The Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Tourism has closed all the five Ruyan stores in Bahrain for 15 days after the pricing scandal.
Investigation has been launched. This is following a video circulating online showing the very known store in Bahrain apparently over charging their products and customers are overpaying.
The Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Tourism referred the owners to the public prosecution in light of this video which is circulated on social media.
The video shows the difference in price between shelf and cashier. The Ministry has interacted with the video and the consumer protection inspectors went to prove the incident and took legal actions.
The Consumer Protection Directorate confirmed that it will not tolerate in taking all legal and administrative measures to protect consumers, and appreciated consumers cooperation to report irregularities through contacting Consumer Protection Center on 17007003.