- GCC Gold Rates
- Bahrain Foreign Exchange Rates
- In new Gorillaz album, dark political vision comes true
- Mexican lawmakers OK marijuana for medicinal purposes
- Mixed success for Chak de India in softball cricket
- DHL’s Annual Memorial Trophy Rugby Match
- Kuwait beat Bahrain by 128 runs
- News Breaker rides to win
- Grooming young talents
- Al-Nuaimi visits school
Pricing Scandal: Ministry shuts down all five Ruyan stores in Bahrain
By: dt news , Posted on 11-Jan-2017
Manama: The Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Tourism has closed all the five Ruyan stores in Bahrain for 15 days after the pricing scandal.
Investigation has been launched. This is following a video circulating online showing the very known store in Bahrain apparently over charging their products and customers are overpaying.
The Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Tourism referred the owners to the public prosecution in light of this video which is circulated on social media.
The video shows the difference in price between shelf and cashier. The Ministry has interacted with the video and the consumer protection inspectors went to prove the incident and took legal actions.
The Consumer Protection Directorate confirmed that it will not tolerate in taking all legal and administrative measures to protect consumers, and appreciated consumers cooperation to report irregularities through contacting Consumer Protection Center on 17007003.