- 250 feared dead in migrant boat sinkings
- Sea ice hits new record low at both poles
- Second scare for Australian airline in a week
- Arms depot explodes in Ukraine, Kiev blames 'sabotage'
- China, Nepal discuss joint military exercises
- Horce racing: Six races today
- Palestinian teen shot dead by Israeli troops
- Karting set for enticing battles
- Inter Hotel cricket: Domain Hotel win
- Three Teams beat the Pros
Pricing Scandal: Ministry shuts down all five Ruyan stores in Bahrain
By: dt news , Posted on 11-Jan-2017
Manama: The Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Tourism has closed all the five Ruyan stores in Bahrain for 15 days after the pricing scandal.
Investigation has been launched. This is following a video circulating online showing the very known store in Bahrain apparently over charging their products and customers are overpaying.
The Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Tourism referred the owners to the public prosecution in light of this video which is circulated on social media.
The video shows the difference in price between shelf and cashier. The Ministry has interacted with the video and the consumer protection inspectors went to prove the incident and took legal actions.
The Consumer Protection Directorate confirmed that it will not tolerate in taking all legal and administrative measures to protect consumers, and appreciated consumers cooperation to report irregularities through contacting Consumer Protection Center on 17007003.