- Thailand sets October date for late king's cremation
- Indian doctors defend 500kg Egyptian's weight loss amid row
- Bahrain Foreign Exchange Rates
- GCC Gold Rates
- Wood handed England recall for Champions Trophy
- Air China resumes N. Korea flights after speculation
- N. Korea marks military anniversary with firing drill
- 'Personal flying machine' maker plans deliveries this year
- Elton John caught 'potentially deadly' infection on tour
- Pakistan hangs four militants
Pricing Scandal: Ministry shuts down all five Ruyan stores in Bahrain
By: dt news , Posted on 11-Jan-2017
Manama: The Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Tourism has closed all the five Ruyan stores in Bahrain for 15 days after the pricing scandal.
Investigation has been launched. This is following a video circulating online showing the very known store in Bahrain apparently over charging their products and customers are overpaying.
The Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Tourism referred the owners to the public prosecution in light of this video which is circulated on social media.
The video shows the difference in price between shelf and cashier. The Ministry has interacted with the video and the consumer protection inspectors went to prove the incident and took legal actions.
The Consumer Protection Directorate confirmed that it will not tolerate in taking all legal and administrative measures to protect consumers, and appreciated consumers cooperation to report irregularities through contacting Consumer Protection Center on 17007003.