Transforming Bahrain’s Music Industry

Transforming Bahrain’s Music Industry

Manama : The launch of a new record label in the Kingdom is all set to vamp up its music industry, putting Bahrain music industry and its artists on the map. The new record label, Otome Records is all set to create a reputation for Bahrain in the music industry as a recording hub and further supporting local and regional artists. Otome Records, founded by entrepreneur Mohamed Khalid Almuharraqi and Khuram Javed, was officially launched yesterday at Coral Bay to hundreds of music enthusiasts in the Kingdom. 

“We’ve been working very hard towards founding a record label in the Kingdom, which would provide professional guidance and much needed exposure to local and regional artists,” said Almuharraqi, popularly known across the Kingdom as VJMP3, to the tribune. “We are aiming to put Bahrain on the map in the music industry in terms of places like Amsterdam, Berlin, Ibiza who are known for their music culture, where we want Bahrain to come to mind when international DJs and upcoming artists think of signing with a label. This way, Otome Records will open up a whole new industry not just for Bahrain but in the middle east as well.”

“Moreover, we have teamed up with some of the largest music distribution channels and online platforms such as iTunes, Spotify, Amazon Music, Beatport, Apple Music and Shazam among 300 more digital platforms.” “As a recording artist, I understand the many difficulties an artist can go through. With Otome Records, we just ask the artist to focus on their music and they won’t have to worry about distribution, promotion and other challenges the artist in the industry generally face.”

“We are further hoping to drive a new wave of local talent and further encourage existing artists as the kingdom not necessarily have the platform for these Dj’s. In most cases, a lot of DJ’s or artist lose hope and quit DJing because there isn’t necessarily a platform and with Otome Records, they can divert all of their attention to making music, so their talent takes centre-stage. Further 85 per cent of the revenue will go to the artist while the rest of the 15 per cent is the cost fee of putting the artist music on a digital platform.”

“Otome Records has also teamed up with Coral Bay’s Sports Bay which will support the label through weekly events. Previously, if a person were interested in these genres, they wouldn’t find a venue, which would showcase Techno and House on a regular basis. Moreover, this collaboration will provide additional support to local and regional artists, and allow them to reach an even wider audience, allowing artists signed with the label to perform on a regular basis.”

“We have introduced an exchange programme where we will send a local artist to perform internationally and further bring in an international artist to perform locally.”




Olympic Academy winds up CPR course

Olympic Academy winds up CPR course

Twenty-seven sports officials of different sports clubs and federations attended Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) course, organized by the Bahrain Olympic Committee’s (BOC) Bahrain Olympic Academy. This two-day event was organ

Injaz Bahrain gets CSR award

Injaz Bahrain gets CSR award

INJAZ Bahrain was honoured with the Bahrain international CSR award for its dedication in addressing fundamental and social economic challenges of youth in the Kingdom. The award was presented during the opening ceremony of the Bahrain


Sri Lanka reverses $300m housing deal

Sri Lanka reverses $300m housing deal

Sri Lanka has reversed a decision to award a $300-million housing deal to China in favour of a joint venture with an Indian company, the government said, ahead of a visit by the prime minister to its South Asian neighbour.